We are always looking for new ride buddies and racing team mates!
For a small club (currently around 60 members), ELV punches well above its racing weight across a variety of disciplines. We’re proud of our involvement on the local scene, and keen to support anyone looking to give racing a go.
Benefits of membership include:
- Regular club runs and training rides with other members.
- Winter training camps abroad (subsidised by the club in return for your help at a couple of race events each year).
- Opportunity to race road, track, cyclocross and time trials (priority entry to various races and leagues via our membership of the local organising bodies).
- Heavily subsidised, race-quality ELV club kit via our new supplier, Kalas.
- Club curry nights, local drinks and other social events.
Annual membership is £20 for seniors and £5 for youth (under 16s).
Please note, our membership of the various organising bodies and leagues – and the racing opportunities this brings – is conditional upon the club providing a quota of marshals and helpers at race events through the year. We therefore ask all members to help where possible. In particular, we hope everyone will volunteer at our Winter Series of crit races at Hog Hill in January, and at our annual road race in May. Helping at these events is fun and rewarding, and you’ll usually get a free cuppa and a piece of cake for your efforts.
If you’re interested in joining us, please drop our Member Sec an email on email@example.com – we’ll arrange for you to come along to a Sunday club run to see if ELV is right for you (see the Sunday Club Runs page for more info).
When you’re ready to join, we’ll ask you to pay your membership fee and help to fix you up with some quality club kit from our new supplier, Kalas.